St. Martin's church (founded for Carmelite nuns) was built in the years 1637-1640. It was constructed in the early baroque style according to the design made by John Trevano. The building was erected on the foundations (of another church) which go back to the 12th century.
In October 1786 the nuns were transferred to a convent at Wesoła Street (nowadays it is Copernicus Street), the church was closed and put out of sale. In 1816 the Senate of Cracovian Republic decided to give St. Martin's church to the Cracovian Protestants. This was supposed to redress a wrong done in the past (the building of the Protestant church at St. John Street had been destroyed three times).
The classicist altar, which in Protestant church functions only as the Communion table, dates back to 1870. The picture presenting "Calming the storm at sea" by Henryk Siemiradzki is placed in the retable.
Above the picture you can see a Gothic wooden crucifix from about 1380 (the oldest in Krakow). In the background there is a stained-glass window dating to the period 1918-1939. It presents the Fall into Sin (on the left) and Sending of the Holy Spirit to the first apostles (on the right).